Sonntag, 28. Januar 2018

Servus miCoach - Terve Suunto

Last week I got a mail from adidas miCoach, that they decided to discontinue the server sync service for all wearables on 28.02.2018. Originally it was planned end of the year. Okay I fully understand that it is cost effectively to run a web service till end of year. The adidas managers don't want to burn further money for a handful customers that are still using the wearables. What the management totally ignores is that they create a home made shit storm on social media. You can't tell the users to run a service till end of the year and then stop the service at the beginning. Sorry, but every business is build upon trust. Those customers will think twice if they buy adidas products in future.
The managers of adidas Runtastic doesn't do their job better (Runtastic FanPerks war Beschiss).

Agile world! Responding to change over following a plan.

"Du siehst die Welt nicht so wie sie ist, du siehst die Welt so wie du bist."
Mooji

The new situation brought me in the situation to think about a new smart watch for running. No I will not wait for the Fitbit adidas Ionic, that is clear.

These days it is not easy to find a smart watch from the big suppliers Polar and Garmin with the same features of the smart watch for 200 €. The adidas smart run watch was it's time ahead: efficient running and gym programs, route function, heart-rate at wrist, wlan, bluetooth, app, web portal, community, sweat resistant, multi sports etc. I contributed a lot to improve the system over the time.

I have mixed feeling doing my last kilometers with the watch. I payed 2,5 Cent/km (investment/8.000 kilometers) so far. Now I am happy to experience and test the new smart watch and I am sad to bury my training companion.

But finally I a found one lying in my budget. It's the Suunto Spartan Trainer. Suunto is a Finnish company that manufactures sports watches, dive computers, compasses and precision instruments. See my detailed review of Suunto Spartan Trainer HR Wrist.

"Immer die Wahrheit sagen bringt einem wahrscheinlich nicht viele Freunde, aber dafür die Richtigen."
J. Lennon

See also:
10kmlauf.blogspot.com - Suuntu Spartan Training insights
micoach.adidas.com - Migration FAQ
handelsblatt.com - Messe ISPO Sporthändler buhlen um adidas und nike: Händler kommen an den Labels vorbei. Die attraktivsten Läden sind freilich nichts wert ohne attraktive Ware.

Keine Kommentare: